Monday, January 7, 2008

My new baby

In keeping with my plan to work on my business I have finally purchased a serger. I am very excited, if a little intimidated, by this little machine. It looks so cute and innocent. It's the Janome 7034D from the new Magnolia line.

My new serger
With this new machine I will finally be able to professionally finish all my garments and hopefully save myself a mite of time.

I've had it for nearly a week and all I've done is tie on threads to pull it through and sew one practice line. I really could put it off for another week or three but my sewing machine had to go to the shop as it hasn't been tuned up in 12 years and is now skipping stitches. So, tonight I will try making something on the serger :) My friend Jess is big with child and I am making a mini-layette set for her new girlie. I'll post pictures when I have something. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Jess said...

I cannot wait to see how awesome everything is :D

Anonymous said...

i just looked at this in the store.

here it is 10 months later.

do you still like it?