Sunday, January 27, 2008

Finally took a step

I've been terrified of my serger. I haven't touched the damn thing since I bought it. I have great big plans for it but my fear of failure really just kept me at bay. I was supposed to have a lesson with the woman from the store but due to inclement weather it was canceled and so the machine sat and collected dust.

Finally this morning I took it out for a test spin. I adjusted all the knobs and dials and got it to sew exactly how I wanted it to. I was wanting to try a rolled hem but I couldn't figure out how to adjust the plate so I'll leave that for Wednesday evening when I have my lesson. I managed to sew something. I actually completely finished an item that I used the serger on.

My friend Jess is having a baby in about 5 weeks now and I need to get busy on tiny baby things. Here is item number 1. It's a onesie dress. It's made up of a pre-purchased onesie and green tee shirt material for the added skirt. I left the serged edge visible because I think it's super punk rock and I love that matched with the super 80s rainbows onesie. I can't wait to see her kid in it!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Jess said...

Randomness from Hannah. She loves the rainbows! Loves them, as in repeating it endlessly. Also she says she likes puppies. You know, in case you were interested.